Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program
Statewide EV Infrastructure Strategy
The Department of General Services, Office of Energy and Sustainability leads the statewide approach for the planning and installation of EV infrastructure at state agencies, but it relies heavily on the expertise and input of sister agencies including the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT), the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA), and the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE).
Our electric vehicle infrastructure program:
- Coordinates statewide strategy for EV infrastructure at state facilities through the establishment of a centralized EV program, standardized policies and procedures, legal agreements, procurements, and other guidance;
- Provides design and construction project management for EV charging projects;
- Collects data on existing, planned and in progress EV charging infrastructure at state facilities;
- Identifies potential EV sites for future state EV fleet vehicles;
- Coordinates with utilities on statewide EV infrastructure through the Public Service Commission (PSC) pilot program; and
- Funds $1 Million in EV charging projects at state facilities annually (budget dependent)
Statewide EV Infrastructure Strategy document
defines DGS’s strategy for installing electric vehicle EV charging infrastructure at state facilities and provides guidelines for state agencies interested in pursuing EV charging at state facilities.