Maryland Green Purchasing
The Green Purchasing Committee created specifications for state agencies to follow when procuring goods and services to encourage environmentally and socially beneficial purchasing practices. The specifications also include contract language that can be inserted into a contract to simplify procurement.
Specifications can be found at the top of each product category page.
No specification that meets your needs? This “general specification” includes language that can be inserted in any solicitation.
For product and service categories that do not have an associated environmentally preferable specification, this document provides insertable language for:
- Product Material Requirements
- Energy Efficiency and Energy-Using Product Requirements
- Recycled-Content Requirements and Recommendations
- Packaging Requirements and Recommendations
- Shipping and Transport Requirements and Recommendations
- Reporting Requirements and Other Purchasing Requirements
- HVAC Systems
- Plumbing and Other Water Using Fixtures
- Flooring and Adhesives
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
- Electronic and IT Products
- Electronic and IT Product Disposal
- Food Service Supplies
- Shell Eggs
- Snow and Ice Control Products
- Engine Coolants (Antifreeze)